Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wrinkles in time

These are the next two pieces that I made. (click on image to enlarge) They are very simple and small. I'm not completely happy with them. I think they need some reworking. I would like them better if they were half again as big. I have them displayed on a brick so you can get a sense of the size. One thing that I learned with these pieces is that the clay shrinks about 30% during firing. So when I was making them, I had a hard time visualizing how much smaller they would be. When I photographed them I realized that they looked good together and am considering putting them on the same chain somehow. Another idea I'm having is to add more metal, either more silver or another metal such as copper in a different composition. I'll be sure to post it if I make any changes.

No comments: