One neat trick we learned at this stage was to use prepared acetate as a color overlay. Since the modification to my comp was simple, I was able to attach acetate to my comp and then paint the green color on it right over the leaves instead of making an entire new comp. All of the comps are hand painted so it is great to learn about time-saving measures like this.
With the addition of the green leaves, my comp was approved and I was able to move on to the final painting which you saw in this post. The shiny acetate made it difficult to photograph but you get an idea of what I'm talking about. That's it for this design. It took twelve weeks to complete! But that was because we were newbies. I have a feeling that things are going to speed up in January. Aside from this design, I took several day long workshops and I will post some of the work from them in the next few posts.