Saturday, December 22, 2007

flower drawing

The first Saturday daylong workshop I took in the fall session was "Realistic Flower Drawing." We brought in live Lillie's and drew them using various different pencils & smudging implements in order to achieve the shading. Although they are realistic looking, they are also somewhat stylized in that we changed the shading to adapt the image to the textile industry. Using the techniques we learned in this class, we can make realistic drawings of other subject matter that we may use in our textile designs. It is hard to give up one full day of my weekend but if I have to do so, making art is probably the best way to do it.

3 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

Hey! You're having fun without me.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

it's exceptionally beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Cassi said...

I love the drawing you did. I just bought a guitar and I want to personalize it by putting a sticker of some kind of flower on the pick protector (the piece of material just below the strings, prevents the finish of the guitar from scratching while playing). The background of this pick protector is darker, and this would look amazing with the color if the white area was clear to allow the colors on the board to show through. Can I use this image?